Chennai Super Kings have been one of the most consistent performers in T20 cricket. Finishing as runners-up in the inaugural edition of the IPL, they bagged the title in 2010 and 2011, before finishing in second place again in 2012 and 2013. Led by India captain MS Dhoni, CSK is the only IPL team to have retained their core group of players since their first season.
CLT20 2013 CSK Squad – Chennai Super Kings Players List Champions League Twenty20
- MS Dhoni
- Suresh Raina
- Murali Vijay
- Wriddhiman Saha
- R Ashwin
- S Badrinath
- Imtiyaz Ahmad
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Mohit Sharma
- Michael Hussey
- Dwayne Bravo
- Albie Morkel
- Jason Holder
- Francois Du Plessis
- Chris Morris
Captain: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Batsmen: Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay, S Badrinath, Michael Hussey, Faf du Plessis.
All Rounders: Dwayne Bravo, Albie Morkel, Ravindra Jadeja, Chris Morris.
Bowlers: R Ashwin, Imtiaz Ahmed, Mohit Sharma, Jason Holder.
Wicket Keeper: MS Dhoni, Wriddhiman Saha.
- Presence of consistent performers in T20 circuit across the globe.
- Combination of youth and experience.
- Presence of many world-class fielders.
- Presence of four quality all-rounders in the playing XI brings more balance to the side.
- They have the depth in their batting line up.
- Last but not the least, their leader of the team: MS Dhoni.
- Ability to get complacent at early stages of the tournament.
- All the players are fresh from break and it may take some time for them to settle in.
- They have a relatively poor record in CLT20 that may play a vital role in the players’ minds.
Chennai Super Kings Schedule:
Sunday 22 September vs Titans in Ranchi
Thursday 26 September vs Qualifiers in Ranchi
Saturday 28 September vs Heat in Ranchi
Wednesday 01 October vs Trinidad in Delhi