The Faisalabad Wolves have become the second Pakistani team – after the Sialkot Stallions in 2012 – to have a go at CLT20. The team was formed in 2004 and won the Pakistan’s T20 domestic tournament in that year itself. Another title win in the 2012-13 season has put them into the Qualifying Stage of CLT20 2013. Given that the Sialkot Stallions failed to make the group stage of CLT20 last year, the Wolves will strive become the first Pakistani team to make it to the big tournament in 2013.
- Asif Ali
- Ali Waqas
- Khuram Shahzad
- Muhammad Salman
- Waqas Maqsood
- Sami Ullah Kham Niazi
- Asad Ali
- Saeed Ajmal
- Ehsan Adil
- Hassan Mahmood
- Rana Jahandad Khan
- Farrukh Shahzad
- Imran Khalid
- Ammar Mahmood Khan
Coach: Naveed Anjum
Batsmen: Misbah-ul-Haq, Asif Ali, Ali Waqas, Jahandad Khan, Farrukh Shehzad, Hasan Mahmood.
All Rounders: Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad.
Bowlers: Asad Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Ehsan Adil, Samiullah Khan, Waqas Maqsood, Ammar Mahmood.
Wicket Keeper: Mohammad Salman.
- Presence of world-class spinner Saeed Ajmal.
- Their skipper Misbah-ul-Haq is a veteran in this format, and his experience will come in handy for the team.
- Ehsan Adil and Asad Ali form a lethal bowling attack which can pose a threat to the opposition.
- The “unknown” factor (many players are not known to other teams) may work in favour of them.
- Over dependence on Misbah-ul-Haq and Saeed Ajmal.
- Remaining players lack experience and exposure at this level.
- Fielding is a huge concern.
- Chasing some huge totals could be a huge task for them.
Possible Playing XI: Farrukh Shehzad, Ali Waqas, Khurram Shehzad, Misbah-ul-Haq, Asif Ali, Imran Khalid, Mohammad Salman, Ehsan Adil, Samiullah Khan, Asad Ali, Saeed Ajmal.
Faisalabad Wolves Schedule:
Tuesday, 17 September, vs Otago Volts at Mohali.
Wednesday, 18 September, vs Hyderabad Sunrisers at Mohali.
Friday, 20 September, vs Kandurata Maroons at Mohali.
Can the Wolves, considered as the weakest team on paper, qualify for the main draw and spring some surprises?